Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quest n°1

This was my first modern, lightweight aluminium frame. I bought it from the North Harrow bike shop around 1998. At 1400g it was stupidly light compared to my 753 and with carbon forks too the whole package was much lighter than the bikes I was used to riding. A-head headsets were not yet widely available on road bikes but I bought a very light Profile quill stem, Cinelli bars and ITM ali stem. 
I finished it off with a Dura-Ace 9 speed groupset.
The frame came in bare aluminium but I had it painted yellow at first with my own graphics, with matching yellow tyres and bar tape. Later I painted it Alfa Romeo blue, also with matching tyres, tape and saddle. Eventually the frame cracked at the bottom bracket though the shop changed it for an even nicer frame without question.

No comments:

Post a Comment